Buckstones School take eSafety very seriously and do everything they can to protect the children whilst enjoying what the Internet has to offer.
In many homes the Internet is readily available through mobile phones, tablets, computers and laptops and it is important for parents / careers to keep their children safe.
We have put together some resources to help keep you and your children safe when using the Internet.
Digital Safety during COVID-19:
eSafety Guide for Parents:
This guide has been put together for parents to help raise awareness of some controls they can add to mobile devices to make them safer for their children to use.
- Why not up a poster next to the computer at home and talk about it with your children?
Live Streaming Advice:
- Link – contains information about the various streaming app children can use to live stream themselves
Some links to more information:
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Parent Info Blog – ParentInfo is a collaboration between CEOP and Parent Zone. There you’ll find a collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing on-line.
- Vodafone Parents – Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents. You can also read their ‘Digital Parenting‘ magazine.
- Internet Safety Zone – Look in the ‘Under 13s’ section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK – Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape – An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline – ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.