Buckstones School take eSafety very seriously and does everything it can to protect the children whilst enjoying what the Internet has to offer.
In many homes, the Internet is readily available through mobile phones, tablets, computers and laptops and it is important for parents / careers to keep their children safe.
We have put together some resources to help keep you and your children safe when using the Internet.
Digital Safety during COVID-19:
eSafety Guide for Parents:
This guide has been put together for parents to help raise awareness of some controls they can add to mobile devices to make them safer for their children to use.
- Why not up a poster next to the computer at home and talk about it with your children?
Live Streaming Advice:
- Link – contains information about the various streaming app children can use to live stream themselves
Some links to more information:
- Think U Know – containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers, this site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Parent Info Blog – ParentInfo is a collaboration between CEOP and Parent Zone. There you’ll find a collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing on-line.
- Vodafone Parents – Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents. You can also read their ‘Digital Parenting‘ magazine.
- Internet Safety Zone – Look in the ‘Under 13s’ section for useful safety advice and information.
- Kidsmart – An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All – lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK – Information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Kidscape – An organisation which helps to prevent bullying and child abuse.
- Childline – ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.
The online world is posing an ever-increasing risk to children, and it is important that schools, parents and carers work together to take an active role in teaching children about online dangers. Learning how to act safely when using the internet is an incredibly important part of safeguarding our children.
We are therefore delighted to announce that Buckstones Primary School have shown our commitment to protecting our pupils online by working with National Online Safety- providing resources for all parents and carers.
The resources include Parents & Carers courses (presented by Myleene Klass), online video resources and weekly guides covering a huge range of topics, including:
- Online Relationships
- Fake Profiles & Social Bots
- Online Bullying
- Online Grooming
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Sexual Harassment & Violence
- Live Streaming
- Online Identity
- Screen Addiction
- Online Challenges
- Social Media Platforms
- Online Gambling
- Age Inappropriate Content
- Copyright & Ownership
- Fake News
- Online Reputation
- Personal Data
- Targeted Adverts & Pop-Ups • Games & Trends
To create your account, please follow https://nationalonlinesafety.com/enrol/buckstones- primary-school and complete your details. When you’re set up, you’ll be able to set ‘Parent/Carer’ as your user type.
You can access National Online Safety online via any device- including via our brand-new smartphone app. To download the app, please go to: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/national-online-safety/id1530342372 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.nationaleducationgroup.nos
Alternatively, search for ‘National Online Safety’ in the App Store/Google Play Store.
Answers to frequently asked questions and customer service can be accessed at https://helpdesk.thenationalcollege.co.uk/helpcentre .